Thursday, February 28, 2008

"My Bumper" by Cene

Allow us to take a moment to ponder the age-old question: Exactly what would happen if every idiot in America wrote a song every time they got in a fender-bender accident?  True, this question has long been pondered by all types of people from every background and generation, and it seems as though we may still be quite far from a definitive answer.

But until that fateful day comes, "Ya Girl" Cene has gotten us started with her "smash hit," "My Bumper."  How do we know this song is a smash hit?  Oh yeah, it was voted Best Female R&B Single of the Year at the 2008 North Carolina Underground Music Awards, which, until this moment, I did not realize was such a big deal.  I still have so much to learn about the music industry!  But why waste time elaborating on the many things I don't know, when we could be listening to Cene's SMASH HIT:


I hope you closed your eyes, because, dude. Don't even get me started on the VIDEO.

Did you catch all the lyrics? No? Here's the chorus:

You hit my bumper so pull me over
Cause we been dancin like i'm your girl
so here's my number gimmie your number
and maybe i could be your girl

You hit my bumper so pull me over
Cause we been dancin like i'm your girl
so here's my number gimmie your number
and maybe i could be your girl


You know, it's about time young girls of today had a truly inspirational role model to look up to. What with Miley Cyrus wearing those short skirts all the time and Hayden Panettiere going on and on about whales or dolphins or whatever... there's just no real, clear message for these impressionable girls to capture and live by. Thank God for Cene, who has finally come along to tell them: Some homeboy rear-ended you? Girl, get his number! You found yourself a new boyfriend.

No comments: