Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tabitha Turlington - Rocket In My Pocket (12" of Fairlight Pleasure Mix)

Australia. The awesome land that brought us INXS, beautiful Hugh Jackman and most recently, Tabitha Turlington. Who is Tabitha Turlington? Oh do not be fooled: She is a HE and they are a drag queen.

I'm sure if s/he ever saw this, I'd probably get the quick 'tude that they look better than I ever could and I shouldn't be disrespectin'... right, whatever mine are real.

I kind of picked up on the innuendo in the title's name, but I didn't think s/he would take it and slap us in the face with obviousness! Jesus Christ this song is hilariously terrible! It starts out enticing... ooh a new techno song for the club! There's a ton of build up in the beginning for greatness, and then the build also builds a smile on my face and then the words come in. This is when it's completely evident that Tabitha is probably Timothy or Steve.

Click to listen

I've got a rocket, a rocket in my pocket
and it's going to take you higher than heaven
I've got a rocket, a rocket in my pocket
gonna shoot you with my love!


I probably don't even need to say anymore as I'm sure every single one of you had the exact same reaction I did when I first heard this. In addition, it doesn't even rhyme!!! COME ON! That's the least you could do.... Stevabitha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just listened to the song. I hope they didn't spend to much money on it because it was awful.The singing and the words are dreadful. Embarassing

Anonymous said...

That's the whole point, it was meant to be a joke. I like it, very 80s Hi NRG.